Connecting Lives, Building Faith, Releasing Destiny
As Pastor Wayne talked about on Sunday, we all need each other, and each of us has a special spot to fill in the Body of Christ! In light of this, we are going to use this space for the next while to highlight the different ways we are blessed by those who serve here at OLC!
Today we will start with our Greeters & Guest Services teams!
Thank you so much to Anna, Joan, their teams, and each of you who make everyone entering OLC feel so welcome each week! You show God's love through the way you engage and encourage others, both at church and throughout the week.
If you love connecting with people, know that this is an incredible gift from God! Not all of us can do what you do, and we so appreciate you.
- We are in the midst of our week of prayer! We invite you to join us from 7:00-8:00 pm tonight and each night this week (ending on Friday) as we seek God and pray together for this season. We've had a powerful time so far, and we're so excited about what God is doing!
- The city-wide youth event "Youth Fest" is happening this Friday! Come out to Legacy Park on September 15th from 6:00-9:00 pm for games, live music, prizes, food, and much more at this huge event! If you're in grades 6-12, we hope to see you there!
- Speaking of youth, our youth groups are looking different this Fall! Instead of "engage Youth," we have split into two separate groups. The first, called "New Roots" is for grades 6-9, and will be meeting on Thrusdays at 7pm (starting Sept 21). The second group, "Deep Roots," is for grade 10 through age 22, and will be meeting on Sunday nights at 7pm (starting Sept. 24th)! Check out our website for more info!
- We're hosting a Pot Bless on September 24th after the service! Please bring some food to share with others. We look forward to connecting with you!
- Many of our Connect Groups have started back up, including our Connect Home Groups! To see a full list of the events and Groups going on, check out our website here!
- Remember, if you have a testimony to share send us a 2-3 minute video of yourself telling it (firstname.lastname@example.org), and we'd love to share it at one of our Sunday services!
"In everything we do, our heart is for generations to know and experience God."