Connecting Lives, Building Faith, Releasing Destiny
Hello OLC Family!!! We were so blessed this past weekend to have Al and Terry Purvis with us and to have Al minister to us as a congregation. As they continue on their journey with World Missions Continuum our thoughts and prayers go with them. Don't forget that if you want to donate to WMC you can do it with your regular giving, just make sure you let us know what portion you would like to have go to them by putting a note on your envelope or with your e-transfer.
This week we get to be blessed by having Joseph Legault speak to us, we are looking forward to what he is going to be ministering to us! Pastor Wayne and Rose are spending some much needed time with family starting this week and into next week, we hope that they both enjoy some much needed and deserved time off!
Here's what's coming up or new for programs over the next little bit:
- Senior's make sure you mark down on your calendars September 3, 2020. We will be hosting a seniors connect at the Kiwanis Picnic Shelter at Henderson Lake at 2:00pm. Bring a chair and something to drink and get ready for some great fellowship
- We have a few new programs starting in September as well, Lifechangers and Gamechangers will start on the following dates:
- Lifechangers - Tuesday, September 8th at 6:30pm here at the church (501 40 St S)
- Gamechangers - Wednesday, September 9th at 1:30pm here at the church (501 40 St S)
- Gamerchangers - Monday, September 21st at 6:30pm here at the church (501 40 St S)
Make sure you talk Bonny Wiebe or Johan Sigglekow about these exciting courses
- On Thursday, September 3rd Mel Wiebe's Men's Connect group will be starting up again at 6:30pm here at the church!
- For those of you who are new to One Life Church we are starting our Introduction to One Life on Wednesday, September at 7:00pm here at the church. This is a 4-week course where you get to find out what we as church are all about, so come on down, we would love to see you there!
- With school starting soon so does One Life Kids! We are having a quick leadership meeting on August 30th right after church, if you are interested on becoming a volunteer come on downstairs to the OLC Kids room to find out what we are all about, if you are already a leader make sure you are there so you can find out what OLC Kids is doing this year!
The hustle and bustle of the new school year is starting pretty soon, with only a couple of weeks before schools, colleges and universities are back in session it can be a bit overwhelming. Shopping for school supplies, worrying about lunches and after school programs, bus schedules and new backpacks and this list goes on. Life can seem to get in the way of things, and sometimes worst of all it can get in the way of what God is trying to do or say to you. Remember to take the time to listen to God, get up a few minutes early to pray with your kids before they go off to school, do devotions around the table at dinner time, and take the time to pray together as a family. Keep God at the center of your busy life because God wants to be with you in all things, and He cares about what you are going through.
Be blessed in all of your endeavors this week and may your feel God walk beside you in all you do.