Hello OLC family!
Welcome to another weekly update. We pray that you will experience God throughout this week!
Connecting Lives, Building Faith, Releasing Destiny
OBEYING WHEN YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND
The Bible is full of stories where God asks someone to do something that appears to be counter-intuitive. Remember the widow who was asked by Elijah to give him the last of her food and water so that she would not run out? Or how about when God told Gideon to send home a huge portion of his army and then fight his enemies by smashing pots and yelling? It can be easy for us to read about these situations and, knowing the end result, think it obvious that the people in them should do as the Lord directed, but what do we do when God asks seemingly strange things of us when we can't yet see the outcome? Are we willing to obey even when it doesn't make sense? Only God knows all that will happen if we say yes.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him and He will make your paths straight."
Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV
- Thank you so much to all those who came out for our city-wide prayer night! We had a meaningful time of seeking and petitioning the Lord on behalf of our city.
- The Lethbridge House of Prayer is putting on a 7-Week intensive Course (on zoom) on how to grow as a prayer warrior! The cost is $100 per person, and the course is starting this Thursday, so if you are interested please talk to Jennifer Thomas right away! (403-795-6051)
- Our Set Free Retreat is open for registration! To register, please fill out a form from the Connect Hub and send your payment to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying who & what you're paying for in the comment space. The retreat is happening on the evening of Friday, March 8th, and the day of Saturday, March 9th, and includes lunch on Saturday!
- Men, if you desire deeper connections with other men, we want to invite you to check out one of the Men's Connect groups that happen at OLC:
-Pastor Wayne leads a Tuesday morning group at 6:30 am
-Mel Wiebe leads a Thursday evening group at 7:00 pm
-and Stuart Thomas leads a Saturday morning group at 9:00 am
-We also have a "Men of War" group on Monday nights at 7:00 pm!
Pick one that works for you and start building relationships while seeking God with other men!
- God has been doing amazing things at our Tuesday night prayer times! If you are in need of any kind of healing, or you want to experience what God is up to in OLC, we invite you out tonight at 7:00 pm!
- To see a list of all of our upcoming events and Connect Groups, check out our website here!
"In everything we do, our heart is for generations to know and experience God."
Missed a Message?
As always, if you missed our message from last week, you can head over to our website or YouTube page
to watch it, or you can listen to it through many of the podcast services available.
Our Sunday Livestream is also available through YouTube.
Interested in joining a Connect Home Group?
Scan the QR code below for more information!