Hello OLC family!
Welcome to another weekly update. We pray that you will experience God throughout this week!
Connecting Lives, Building Faith, Releasing Destiny
CLEARING THE DEBRIS
When we come to Christ, we receive freedom from the eternal penalty of sin that we all deserve. We also receive the Holy Spirit who guides us into freedom from all that is not of God. The Bible says that we are being transformed into the image of God, which means that learning how to walk in freedom in this life is a process. A flowing river can get clogged up and slowed down by the presence of debris, and in the same way, we can find that there is debris from our pasts that is hindering the flow of freedom in certain areas of our lives. Thankfully, the Holy Spirit knows how to remove all that hinders this freedom, and will guide us if we surrender and allow Him access to our hearts.
This is why we put on the Set Free Retreat! The retreat is designed to give space for the Holy Spirit to show us what is hindering us, and a safe atmosphere to allow Him to bring healing and clear out the debris in our hearts. If you feel stuck, know that greater freedom is possible for you!
"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. But we all, with unveiled faces, looking as in a mirror at the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit."
2 Corinthians 3:17-18 NASB
- Registration is open for our Set Free Retreat! To register, please fill out a form from the Connect Hub and send your payment to email@example.com, specifying who & what you're paying for in the comment space. For more information on this event, go to the page on our website HERE.
- We have started a new Sunday morning ministry for our youth, ages 12-18! This program will take place downstairs after worship to help our youth better understand the Bible and learn how to get more out of the Sunday messages! For more information, talk to Cohen Muizelaar!
- Ladies Connect is happening this week! Come on out to the church tomorrow (Wednesday) evening at 7:00pm for a video session and discussion of a chapter of the book "Encountering God" by Kelly Minter led by Jodie Legault. It's a great opportunity to connect with other women in OLC!
- Join us on Sunday for part 2 of our February series, "Building Godly Generations."
- To see a list of all of our upcoming events and Connect Groups, check out our website here!
"In everything we do, our heart is for generations to know and experience God."
Missed a Message?
As always, if you missed our message from last week, you can head over to our website or YouTube page
to watch it, or you can listen to it through many of the podcast services available.
Our Sunday Livestream is also available through YouTube.
Interested in joining a Connect Home Group?
Scan the QR code below for more information!