Hello OLC family!
Welcome to another weekly update. We pray that you will experience God throughout this week!
Connecting Lives, Building Faith, Releasing Destiny
How often do we give up on spiritual disciplines that we desire to have in our lives just because they don't come easily? It can be easy to believe the lie that if God wants us to walk in something, He will make that path an easy one for us, but in 1 Timothy we see that developing godliness in our lives is something we must train ourselves in! The very word discipline means "training that corrects" or "self-control." So don't give up when new spiritual disciplines take some work to form into habits, but push through, knowing that each time you strengthen that spiritual "muscle," you are building immeasurable worth into both this life and the next!
"Rather, train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come." 1 Timothy 4:7-8 ESV
- Our condolences go out to Delores, Mark, and Katy Lange on the passing of Art Lange. The funeral will be held on Jan. 17th at 1:00 pm at Zentner Funeral Home in Claresholm, AB.
- This Sunday (Jan. 14th) we will be hosting a city-wide worship and prayer meeting at 6:00 pm! We are so excited for what this time will hold, and for the impact that we have when we join together in prayer with the body of Christ in Lethbridge. We really encourage you to come out to this event!
- For those who would like to continue praying at the church throughout the week, we invite you to come out to OLC from 7:00-8:00 pm each evening from Jan. 15-19. Feel free to come to any/all of those evenings as we soak in God's presence and continue to seek Him during this time.
- Our youth groups are starting up next week! "Deep Roots" will begin again on January 14, and "New Roots" on January 18! If you or your child is from ages 11-22, come check out one of our "Deeper" groups!
- We are running the highly requested "Set Free Retreat" on March 8-9! Mark your calendars!
"In everything we do, our heart is for generations to know and experience God."
Missed a Message?
As always, if you missed our message from last week, you can head over to our website or YouTube page
to watch it, or you can listen to it through many of the podcast services available.
Our Sunday Livestream is also available through YouTube.
Interested in joining a Connect Home Group?
Scan the QR code below for more information!